Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Change of Venue

Well, in another three hours' time I shall be on the train to Manchester airport and from there shall catch a flight to Singapore via Amsterdam... In this interim period before I enter the Novitiate there are family and friends to see and bid a fond farewell to.

My first port of call is Singapore where I shall catch up with my family, attend a charity event for the Philippines and hopefully see some friends. Next is Kuala Lumpur where I shall spend time with my uncle, aunts and grandparents. This is where I shall also sort out my visa for my return to England in September. I pray all goes smoothly and successfully with my visa application!

Following this should be a final trip out to Manila where I shall spend St Dominic's day with the good people of Dagat-dagatan and the friars and sisters of the Philippine Province. I am also looking forward to seeing my students and friends out there. Before I fly back to England, I shall return to Kuala Lumpur for a family occasion. I shall be expected in Cambridge on 10 September 2005.

Of course, I fully intend to keep this blog updated daily if possible, so you'll be kept informed about my goings-on and confounded with whatever else pops into my head in the next two months ahead!!

The photos are of the 'Chijmes' building, a former convent in Singapore (mentioned in this post) and the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, once the tallest in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Good luck on your travels and can't wait to hear how it goes. :-)

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home