Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Monday, August 22, 2005

Prayer Request


Among the things I have to arrange before I return to the UK to begin my Novitiate in September is to obtain a Visa for permission to Enter and Remain in the United Kingdom in that capacity. I submitted my application to the British High Commission on Thursday (last week) and today I have been asked to go for a personal Interview with regards to my application.

The Interview with the High Commission is on Wednesday 24 August.

Please pray for me, that it will go smoothly and well and that the British authorities will grant me the Visa I need to enter the UK and begin my Novitiate.

Time to whip out that Dominican Litany again I think!

Mary, Queen and Mother, I entrust myself once more, to your protection and powerful intercession. O Lady of Guadalupe, hold me within your mantle and pray for me. Amen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll remember your intention in Mass this pm. Take care.

Fr Terry

8:21 am  
Blogger Martti Savijoki said...

I'll pray for you. I ask you to pray for me too. I'm meeting tomorrow the Dominican Vicar for Scandinavia...to talk about my entering the Order.

9:20 am  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Martii, I've prayed for you and I ask the intercession of St Rose of Lima for you and me, on her feast. God bless.

9:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers! Everything went really well. Now if nothing unexpected happens, I'll enter the Noviciate either in September 2006 or 2007..

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home