Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Monday, September 05, 2005

A New Stage in Life...

Today, I spent almost 2 hours looking through a trunk full of books and memorabilia from my teenage years in Singapore. It was fun looking at old school year books, photographs and knick-knacks. Many of the books, I really had forgotten about and clearly no longer needed, so they will be given away... It's strange to be able to open up a trunk full of memories... it all seems a lifetime away. Some of the those children in the year books are now grown-up and married with children of their own! Another two of my best friends in school I had lost touch with but I received an email from one of them today and he has news that they are both in London! These last few days in Singapore, I have also met up with a good number of my friends who are resident here and we looked back with nostalgia on our years together as students, on our friendship, on over a decade of parties at my home here...

The photo above was taken at the most recent house-party on Sat 3 September (at 2am!).

And now, I am moving on to a new stage in my life. In just 6 hours' time I shall be on a flight bound for Manchester and then I shall take the train across the Pennines back to Skipton in North Yorkshire. Once there, I shall have to decide what I may take with me into the Novitiate; just what I truly need. And then on Saturday, less than a week from today, I shall move to Blackfriars in Cambridge and embark on my journey and vocation as a Dominican.

I am happy to say that the Novice Master has permitted me to keep this blog but of course, the postings may be less frequent than they now are. For this, I am hopeful that you will forgive me.

I entrust my journey tonight and all my journeys in life to Our Lady of Guadalupe and may St Dominic walk with me in my vocation. Of your charity, please spare a prayer for me too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
It has been a long time. I will hopefully be able to be more in touch with you when you are in Cambridge.
Nice blog. IMHO the title banner may be a bit large though.
- Dr James Teo

4:49 pm  
Blogger Liturgeist said...

Br. Paul...

Will certainly be praying for you. Safe homecoming, eh?

In caritate Xp, and with prayers to Bl. Jordan,

JMR Xx

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear paul,

I'm thankful for knowing you, albeit rather briefly. Will keep you in my prayers. Take care, God bless.

regards,

Jevon

2:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad the Novice Master permitted you to keep your blog. Though I don't keep you up-date on things happening here in SLRP, I keep you in my prayers AND best of all, I READ YOUR BLOG! Ha ha ha. God bless you.

Don't worry, I am just waiting for more exciting things to tell you. Keep us in your prayers.


Fr. TerryOP

2:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home