Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Monday, April 03, 2006

Three Rainbows

On Saturday, as I took shelter from the sudden cloudburst in the portico of the National Gallery, I looked over at the famous church of St Martin-in-the-Fields and lo! there were three rainbows! I didn't have my camera with me but managed this with my phone. The lower rainbow is a rare double-rainbow, where the colours of the second bow are an inversion of the first and above these was a third rainbow. It was a marvellous reminder of God's covenantal love and fidelity (cf Gen 9:12-17) and the three rainbows of the Triune God; and I thanked the Lord for it.

According to Jewish tradition, a blessing is pronounced upon seeing a rainbow. Rabbi Meir at this site has a beautiful reflection on the blessing we should all give God when we see a rainbow and the spiritual meaning behind a rainbow. Very insightful indeed!

So, I want to share these rainbows with you so that you may bless His Name too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Giglio said...

cool picture!!

10:25 pm  
Blogger Liturgeist said...

Next time you're in London (and have a chance...) let me know, eh???

10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home