Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Monday, June 05, 2006

Pray for Us...

Br Paul Mills and I have now entered the final stage of our Novitiate. The process has begun for our brethren to consider and vote on whether we may proceed to make Simple Profession in September. We had our first interviews today and the Formation Council votes on 16 June. Following that, if successful, we shall have yet another interview before the Provincial Council votes on 9 July. The Prior Provincial is expected to give us his decision fairly soon after that date and, if accepted, we will be allowed to make Simple Profession on 20 September 2006.

Do please pray for us as this month and this process unfolds, that God's will be done and that we be found worthy of the grace of a Dominican vocation.

I entrust myself and our cause into the hands of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the intercession of St Dominic, Blessed Jordan and all the Dominican saints.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paulinus said...

Will indeed pray for you, brother (and you are now listed on my blogroll) BTW isn't 1107 pm a bit late for a blogging friar - compline's long past and it's only wordly laymen like me who are blogging at this hour.

11:15 pm  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Thank you. Alas, it's not that late for a blogging friar who had a talk to finish work on tonight and hence has only now had time to blog... and yet another presentation to write tomorrow.

Fortunately, I function on comparatively little sleep.

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers ascending from here, too.

12:53 pm  
Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Brother Lawrence,

Just a quick note to let you know that you, Brother Paul and your formatores are in my prayers during these days. I hope the process gives you joy and consolation as well as confirmation of your vocation. Pax,

Joe K nSJ

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fra' Lawrence,

I certainly will be praying for you and your superiors as they discern what God is calling you to. In particular, I will commend your cause to St. Albert the Great, who has adopted me by volunteering himself to be the patron of my doctoral work.

peace,
brandon.

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home