Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Friday, May 13, 2005

The journey of a thousand miles...


There is a Chinese proverb that says, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. If only I knew it in Chinese... but alas the above translation is all I have!

Today, the memorial of Our Lady of Fatima, marks that first step in a long journey. I have sent in my formal application to join the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans). It is with my hand in hers and once more under the mantle of her protection and motherly care that I set out on this journey.

Since Vatican II and the imagery of Lumen Gentium, there is an increased sense of life and the Christian life in particular, as a journey, a pilgrimage. This is a beautiful vision and analogy for life. As in any journey, the road has many turns and can sometimes leads us to unexpected places or situations; it is sometimes bumpy and sometimes smooth, and along the way we will meet many people, see many things and experience much. Sometimes, we lose our way but we are helped by fellow pilgrims to find the right path again.

To those who read this blog, thank you for joining me on this journey. I am blessed to have Our Lady as a guide on this journey and dedicate myself to her Immaculate Heart that she may lead us to her beloved Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home