Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

After the Coetus meeting...

The Coetus met today and this stage in the application process is now successfully over. This is a little anti-climactic as I expected a final decision at this stage. Clearly I had misunderstood. The report of today's meeting will now be sent to the Prior Provincial. He is currently in the USA attending the Double anniversary celebrations of St Joseph's Province. When he gets back, he will read this report and then arrange to interview me, which means yet another trip to London. The final decision rests with him and he will inform me of this decision after he has interviewed me. That date has yet to be set.

So... thank you all for your prayers and support. It means we have to persist, keep praying and hoping, trusting in God to unfold his plans in his time and not ours!

It's been an increasingly tense day for me. By evening I was on such an edge I felt my whole body tremble! I went to pray Vespers and this helped and then I had dinner which helped a lot! Nothing like food to cheer me up again!!

Anyway, I feel a lot better tonight, after making a telephone call, knowing that the Coetus has voted and made a decision and the end is now truly in sight. I await the Prior Provincial's call to London and sit once more in the shadow of Our Lady who has this lesson still to teach me - to wait humbly, obediently and patiently. This has been a leitmotif these past two years: to sit, to wait, to listen, to trust in God who is slowly but surely working his purposes out in my life, indeed in all our lives.

Again, thank you for your prayers and let's wait together, bound together by love and prayer. God bless and good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home