Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Feedback on the Corpus Christi post

Feedback on the post for the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ has been most positive and I admit I am very happy indeed when my random thoughts are actually beneficial to others.
Blogging is an unusual experience for me: I do share some rather personal and precious thoughts with the world at large and in a sense this is a risk. I never really know who is reading... But in a sense, I see this as the sowing of the seed of God's Word. The watering, the harvesting and the reaping is entirely His work and at His disposition.

I never really know who's life this blog touches but if it does indeed reach out to someone, I thank the Holy Spirit for this grace. It touches me and moves my faith when someone tells me that a post has helped them. And, I admit, I feel a bit proud of myself too!!

The Corpus Christi post was used by Fr Allan V. Lopez, OP (who is depicted in the photo that accompanies the post) for a talk to the Kalookan diocese for the Feast. It was then submitted by a Catechist of that diocese for publication in the Archdiocese of Manila newsletter for the benefit of the (sizeable) Catechetical Ministry of the Archdiocese.

I am indeed humbled by this great privilege, especially when I consider that the Archdiocese of Manila alone numbers more Catholics than in all of Britain. God has been good indeed to me, his lowly servant, that I may be used for his greater glory and the good of His Church.

So, keep the feedback, good or bad, coming! Thanks for reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home