Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Monday, June 20, 2005

My appetite for books

Finally, an explanation for my girth...

The Curt Jester commented on my book meme:

The responses to the meme have been interesting. I read one by an aspiring
Dominican which has the most quintessentially Dominican answer that I have seen
thus far
.

If books on three contintents isn't enough to get you into the Dominican
order I don't know what is. As a caveat of course book reading should only be a
foundation to preaching as is proper for their charism.

I hope Fr Provincial agrees!

But what made me laugh was a comment posted at that blog by someone called Lucy:

Yikes!!! This guy has the digestive abilities of an Anaconda. Way too much time
on his hands. Did he say when he started reading. What age 2 or 3?
I actually don't think I read as much as I ought to... but perhaps my anaconda-like appetite for books may account for my stomach size - I eat them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Me too! Though I prefer to say I "devour" them ... so much more descriptive! ha! :-0

2:58 pm  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Well... I do love flipping through cook books and devouring the pictures with my eyes... but that makes me hungry too!

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home