Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Approved

I dutifully reported at the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur this morning at 8.45 am for a 9am interview. Actually, to be precise I was asked to present myself by then. Little did I realize that I would be just one of ten people who were asked to come for interviews at 9am this morning. And, because we were interviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, I became seventh in the queue! If I'd known, I would have turned up far earlier! As such, I waited for two and half hours, watching BBC World (which annoyingly repeated itself over and over again) in the waiting area, for an interview that lasted just five minutes.

At least the news reports gave me good fodder for prayer and I was able to complete five Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary in that time too...

And... I'm not complaining because my application was approved on the spot!

I now have to wait to pick up my passport this afternoon, but I am hopeful this will entail a considerably shorter and more pleasant wait!

Thank you for your prayers. I thank God for this positive outcome... oh and I thank St Rose for this opportunity for penance!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Paul

6:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home