Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's back!

Much to the annoyance of Rocco Palmo at Whispers in the Loggia - and to my delight - the ermine-lined winter mozzetta is back! God bless the Pope! I suppose he ought to keep himself warm, after all, he's not a young man and we wouldn't want the cough he had a few weeks ago developing into anything worse...

The last pope to use this particular papal vestment was Pope Paul VI.

Anyway, just thought it might brighten up someone's day (or not, as the case may be!)

Updated and Edited on 9 Dec.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zadok the Roman said...

The last pope to use this particular papal vestment was Pope Blessed John XXIII.

Try Paul VI.
(Yes, I know... knowing stuff like that is a little bit sad...) ;)

3:01 pm  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Noted. It's amazing how days of theology and liturgical comment garners no comment but an ermine mozzetta captures the imagination and a response! Sigh!

Cheers anyway.

11:57 pm  
Blogger Zadok the Roman said...

Maybe it's because we agree with your theology. Take it as a compliment.

11:28 am  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Zadok: Indeed, I do and shall take it as a compliment. I guess I just wanted some response and theological dialogue?!

But I take your point and cheers for the heads-up on Paul VI and his ermine mozzetta.

12:37 am  
Blogger Stella Orientis said...

Hooray! This really is a wonderful sight, praise and blessing on our Holy Father! Glad is the Church, whose vicar is no longer afraid to show the world Her rich heritage.

Fra Lawrence, sorry for the lack of comments. As a lay Catholic and young man discerning a possible Dominican vocation, please let me tell you just how much I love your blog. Every day I find some spark of brilliance from which to glean some insight, something I would probably not have otherwise learned for decades. You always have such long, thoughtful and well-researched entries complete with beautiful art and photography, who could complain!

Please, do not stop fulfilling my and others' needs for such rich spiritual food. Knowing that your writing is so exciting now in your novitiate, I just can't wait to imagine what your homilies will be like in the presbyterate.

Again, thank you, and please keep writing!

4:57 pm  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Lexicograper - thank you. Such comments are a challenge for a novice trying and learning to be a humble friar! :)

But I am glad that my modest site is of some help to someone out there and I ask your prayers with regard to the future and my vocation.

Please be assured of my prayers for you and all who aspire to be "Champions of the Faith and True Lights of the World"!

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home