Six months ago, to the day, Br Paul and I received the white habit of our holy father, St Dominic and were clothed as novices. To mark this milestone, I would like to mention just six things that I love about my novitiate in Cambridge:
1) When brothers hum liturgical Gregorian chant tunes as they go about the priory or carry out a chore. It reminds me of St Dominic, who sang as he walked from place to place.
2) The lunch-time conversations. Every day is amusing, stimulating, bewildering by turn and if only I could share them with you!
3) The quiet of the priory which offers space and opportunity for contemplation.
4) Living with brothers I can share ideas with and ask questions of. There is such a wealth of experience and ideas, erudition and wisdom that comes from living in community.
5) The music and liturgy that is challenging initially but offers the richness of the Catholic liturgical tradition that is missing elsewhere.
6) Leo! I shall miss him when we leave Cambridge!
Please pray for us as we embark on the next six months of our novitiate.