Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Sunday, January 15, 2006

National De-Lurking Week

LAST DAY! WRITE A COMMENT AND DE-LURK! Please...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... so I'm going to try this out, to attempt to smoke all my readers out of the woodwork! Or to reveal how few people I'm actually preaching to, as the case may very well be!!

Paper Napkin and Happy Catholic have declared this to be "National De-Lurking Week", which means those of you who are reading this and have yet to make a comment, please please, as a 2006 Resolution, DO reveal yourself: please leave a comment.

Anything will do! As Julie (Happy Catholic) says: "Just leave me a line or so. How long have you been reading my blog? Or what is your favorite book, movie, or TV show? Or what is the weather like today where you are? I'm not picky..."

OK, some of my friends tell me they don't know how to leave a comment! Just click the link that follows every single post. It says: "Click HERE to Post a Comment"! So... click on it and a separate box will open up (I think this works even if you're using a 'Pop-Up Blocker') and then type in a short (or long, if you prefer) comment!

Thank you.

Now to sit back and await the results... Oh dear!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the time I lurk because I don't have time to answer!!!!! I scan Br. Lawrence's entry, and if it interests me, I'll read it. If not, I don't. I like 99% of it. The 1 % I don't like is not because I find it unworthy in anyway, it just doesn't interest me. I love Br.'s choice of graphics.
Keep writing. I do enjoy it.

3:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your insights- I find them really helpful and uplifting. God bles you. Rosie

6:42 am  
Blogger Julie D. said...

I'm not exactly a lurker yet don't leave many comments so I'll throw myself into that category. You usually cover everything so well that it seems quite redundant to constantly comment, "Well said!"

;-)

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe... i always find your posts interesting. so here's one from a lurker, "keep it up!"

4:19 pm  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Thanks for the affirmation! I'm still fishing for more though! :)

11:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I've been lurking on your blog for a couple of weeks, I think - I'm currently exploring a call to the Lay Dominicans, so I've been reading loads of Dominican blogs.

I'm really enjoying yours, keep it up :-)

12:34 am  
Blogger Captain Picard said...

great blog, but where do you get the time to maintain it?
How are you liking life as a Dominican? Are there any difficulties?

2:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not exactly a lurker as I just popped in to check how you're keeping. Still the same Paul I know.

2:49 am  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming!

Orlando: I set aside time each day for this, about one hour. Because I see it as an apostolate it is important enough for me to set time aside. In addition, I learn a bit from the research I do for the posts and blogging keeps me sane! :)

Anon: Who are you?! Anyway, thanks for the compliment (I think!!)

4:28 pm  
Blogger Amy Giglio said...

Hey Brother Lawrence! I stop by at least once a week, just don't often comment. Keep up the excellent work!

8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bro. paul! just had time to visit your blog. it's been a while. i'm so glad that you're doing well. see you soon!!! :)

11:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have perhaps the finest contemplative blog on the Internet. Please keep posting.

Eric Scheske
http://www.ericscheske.com/blog/

9:56 pm  
Blogger Schonborn Site said...

national de-lurking week. what a clever concept. :)

12:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll de-lurk briefly, as I know how nice it is to get comments.

Although it seems that lurking is more appropriate to a bulletin board than a blog, despite the fact that blog comment boxes are the neo-boards of the 'net. A blog remains more a soapbox (or ambo?) than a forum where one can truly be said to "lurk." :)

4:55 am  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Theresa: Good point. But if you look at the photo that accompanies the post of Jan 13, one could lurk around the columns behind the ambo (ie: where the photographer stood), I guess! :)

Thanks for commenting. It is nice!

10:58 pm  
Blogger Boeciana said...

Dunno if I count, but I haven't commented for ages, so, Hello! Hope all is well in Tab-land... Actually I was there for a couple of days after new year, but was commuting to the BL and didn't have time to go and squint at Blackfriars, though it would have been nice to see your chapel.

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home