Contemplata aliis Tradere

A meagre contribution to the mission and work of the Order of Preachers: my reflections, thoughts, ideas and the occasional rant on matters mainly theological, philosophical and ecclesiastical, drawn primarily from my reading and experience of life and the world. Striving to be always Catholic, firmly Christian and essentially Dominican, flavoured with dashes of Von Balthasar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

A son of the English Province of the Order of Friars Preachers (Dominicans); born in Malaysia but have lived in the USA, Singapore, the UK & the Philippines for varying durations. A pilgrim and way-farer, a searcher for Truth on the journey of Life... "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!" - Hilaire Belloc

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Diversions for a (busy) weekend

This has been posted ahead of the date above.

This weekend promises to be busy, so there may not be time to update the blog over the weekend. I will try and prepare the Sunday reflection still and post it later on Sunday evening. What will I be doing? Read this.

However, I came across this wonderful idea by the ever-inventive Curt Jester. It's well worth checking out, especially for all computer strategy game fans out there! I know it's my dream game... along with a 'Sims' type game that allows us to build a cathedral and that ever-elusive Lego cathedral set!!

And Fr Ethan has a wonderful joke on his site, which (as with all the best jokes) is full of verisimilitude! The comments to that post also has a classic SJ vs OP joke! One of my favourites...

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Congratulations to your family! I can just imagine the great celebration that will be taking place ... no matter what anyone wears. :-)

1:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog--I especially like the background!

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home